Vejle has an international school offer for children in grade 0-6, which is an offer to families living in Vejle Municipality due to employment.
The program offered ensures that your child will attend school in regular classes and grades, receiving quality education from competent and dedicated teachers, most of whom have been educated to work with bilingual children.
The international school offer is at Damhaven School. You can read more about the offer in the below brochure.
International offer will expand from August 2019
Public school students in Vejle Municipality are from next school year eligible for an international school offer in grade 7--9, where approx. 50% of the teaching will be in English. It will primarily be the scientific subjects that are taught in English, while the cultural subjects will be taught in Danish, e.g. History and Danish.
This offer is targeted at native Danish children from families with an international perspective and children of international parents, who are living here temporarily or are settled in Denmark, due to work etc.
Before next school year there is quite an exciting preparatory work to take place; recruiting and establishing the staff, plan the curriculum, gather teaching materials and prepare the location.
In the spring of 2019, it will be possible to sign up for this offer, which is offered to students from all of Vejle Municipality.
- Trial period: school years 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22.
- The offer for grade 7-9 takes place at Midtbyskolen in the city of Vejle, but is eligible for by students from all of Vejle Municipality.
- There will be a maximum of 28 students per year.
- If more than 28 students apply the students will be decided by lottery.
- Approx. 50% of the teaching will be in English. The subjects math, physics/chemistry, geography, biology and English will be part of the offer.
- The cultural subjects will be taught in Danish.
- Danish will be taught in an extent where the students will be fit to perform mandatory tests and exams in Danish.
For any questions you might have for both the current and future international school offer, you are welcome to contact the Headmaster of Midtbyskolen; Anne Gulbech Rasmussen, at mail ANGSC@vejle.dk or phone 23 74 90 89.