For families living in Vejle Municipality, Vejle has an international program for children in grade 0-6.
The program ensures that your child attends regular classes and receives quality education from competent and dedicated teachers, the majority of whom have been educated to work with bilingual children.
The international program is located at Midtbyskole in Vejle. Read more about the program in the below brochure (bottom of page).
International school program expanded in August 2019
Starting in 2019, public school students in Vejle Municipality are eligible for an international school program in grade 7, where approximately half of the teaching is conducted in English. The program is primarily focused on scientific subjects taught in English, while cultural subjects, such as history and Danish, are taught in Danish.
In 2020 the program will expand with another 7th grade and in 2021 another providing international program in grades 7 till 9.
This program is intended for Danish-speaking children from families with an international perspective and for non-Danish-speaking children of international parents who are living here temporarily or are settled in Denmark due to work.
Extensive preparatory work is taking place, including recruiting and establishing the staff, planning the curriculum, gathering teaching materials and preparing the location.
By spring 2019, it will be possible to sign up for the program, which is being offered to students from throughout Vejle Municipality
- Trial period: school years 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22.
- The program for grades 7-9 takes place at Midtbyskolen in the city of Vejle, but is eligible for by students from all of Vejle Municipality.
- There will be a maximum of 28 students per year.
- If more than 28 students apply, students will be decided by lottery.
- Approx. 50% of the teaching will be in English. Maths, physics/chemistry, geography, biology and English will be taught in English.
- The cultural subjects will be taught in Danish.
- Danish will be taught to the extent needed for students to perform mandatory tests and exams in Danish.
For any questions you might have about the international school program in Vejle, you are welcome to contact the international coordinator Heidi Krogh Lodahl, at phone: 24 98 13 78 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have other questions about life in Vejle you are welcome to contact Newcomer Service.