Afbrændingsforbud i alle landets kommuner (Use of open fire is banned in all of Denmark)

Læs her hvad du må - og bestemt ikke må (find out what this means e.g. for usage of a barbeque grill)

Registering as a non-EU citizen

If you are a citizen from a country outside Scandinavia, the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you must apply for a residence and work permit from your home country before coming to Denmark

In the majority of cases, your future employer in Denmark will contribute with information for the application. 

There are several different options for a residence and work permit in Denmark; your education, qualifications and the type of job you have been offered are important to how you should apply.

Please notice that it is the Danish Immigration Service, which is the responsible administration for this. Read more and find contact information at their site New to Denmark.

You can also check out what else to remember at our step by step site. 

Sidst opdateret: 13. marts 2018