If you as EU citizen are moving to Denmark/Vejle, e.g. to work or study, and plan to stay for more than three months, you must apply for the EU residence document no later than three months following the date you enter Denmark.

As EU citizen you can come to Denmark to look for a job and are allowed to stay for up to three months before you have to register. Find the registration options here

The EU residence document gives you the right to stay in Denmark for longer than three months and may also enable you to register for a CPR number (civil registration number) with your local municipality.


It is the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI) who is responsible for the EU registration process. 

Afterwards it is Borgerservice (Citizen Service) at either International Citizen Service (ICS) or Vejle Municipality, who are responsible for ordering CPR, health card and MitID (My ID).


Read more about what to remember in the step by step, Other useful links and Q&A sections. 


What to do first? 

NOTE: When registering as an EU citizen in Denmark, you have to get your EU residence document first, before you can complete the rest of the registration, at either ICS or Vejle Municipality. 


What are my options?

When you are an EU citizen who are going to live in Vejle Municipality, you have two options for the EU residence document: 


  1. You can complete your entire Vejle registration at ICS in Odense, Esbjerg or Aarhus within their opening hours (Find the three ICS office's opening hours at this site), or 
  2. You can go to any SIRI office in Denmark within their opening hours for the EU residence document and then stop by Vejle Municipality for the rest.


If I go for options 1:

If you go to ICS in Odense, Esbjerg or Aarhus and get your entire Vejle registration done in one place, you are to bring all the reqiured documents (see below "What do I need to bring to the SIRI office"). 

If your family joins you on the day you register, they might be able to get it all done too. If ICS is busy or they come another day, they are not guaranteed to get their registration done the same day. Then they will have to wait for the EU residence document and then come back to Vejle Municipality for the rest of the registration. 


If I go for option 2: 

You have the option to book an appointment at any SIRI office for the EU residence document. If you bring all the documents required and they are valid, you will recieve your EU residence document right away. 

When you have recieved your EU registration document you can book a time at Vejle Municipality for the process for CPR, health card and MitID. 

NOTE that the current rules require the yellow health card for us to create the MitID - this means that you have to first order the yellow card. Once you receive this, you can stop by again for us to support you in the creation of the MitID. 

Please note that you need to book a time at Vejle Citizen Service (Borgerservice) - do so here (site in Danish - find our "what to choose guide" here). 


Vejle Municipality's opening hours are Monday-Wednesday 10-15 (10am-3pm), Thursday 8-17 (8am-5pm) and Friday 10-12 (10am-noon). Find our address at the bottom of the page. 


Book an appointment with SIRI

Please notice that you cannot just stop by an SIRI office. You have to book an appointment. If all the documents are in order, they will make your EU residence document while you you are there.  

Sidst opdateret: